Wednesday Night Lights at Bankwest Stadium
- Bankwest Stadium will come to life under lights for the first time as the Parramatta Eels conduct an Open Training Session and Fans Evening on Wednesday 17 April;
- The Wednesday Night Lights event will double as a test event for the new Stadium ahead of the first sporting event – Eels v Wests Tigers on Easter Monday;
- The Wednesday Night Lights event will be capped at 7000 fans. The event is FREE but fans need to redeem a ticket at www.ticketek.com.au from 1pm Monday 8 April. Parramatta Eels Members can scan their Member Cards for access on the night;
- The Stadium opens for the first time with a Community Open Day on Sunday 14 April. The Community Open Day is also FREE and includes return public transport by train and bus to Parramatta;
- An invitation to Wednesday Night Lights will go out to all those involved in the construction and delivery of Bankwest Stadium.
The Parramatta Eels will step out on to the new Bankwest Stadium for the first time for a special Open Training Session under lights on Wednesday 17 April . . . in the lead-up to the historic first sporting event Eels v Wests Tigers on Easter Monday.
Coach Brad Arthur will lead his squad on to the Bankwest Stadium arena for a training run before the Eels players meet the fans inside their magnificent new home.
The event – called Wednesday Night Lights – will showcase the integrated lighting technology that is one of many features that are set to revolutionise the spectator experience in NSW.
Wednesday Night Lights will double as a test event for Bankwest Stadium ahead of the historic first sporting event on Easter Monday.
Wednesday Night Lights will be capped at 7000 fans. The event is FREE but fans need to redeem a ticket from www.ticketek.com.au from 1pm Monday 8 April. Parramatta Eels Members will be able to scan their Member Cards for access on the night.
Bankwest Stadium is a 30,000-seat purpose-built rectangular stadium at Parramatta. It was funded by the NSW Government and delivered by Infrastructure NSW.
Construction consortium Lendlease built the Stadium that was designed by architect Populous.
Bankwest Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government, and is operated by VenuesLive, a leading provider of management and hospitality services to venues and events.
Bankwest Stadium opens for the first time with a Community Open Day on Sunday 14 April. This event is also FREE and includes return public transport by bus and rail to Parramatta. Fans also need to redeem a ticket for this event at www.ticketek.com.au/openday;
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
Wednesday 17 April
- 5:30pm: Gates Open
- 6:00pm: Bankwest Stadium Lights show
- 6:30pm: Eels Open Training Session
- 7:30pm: Break
- 7:45pm: Fans Session/Player signings & selfies
- 8:30pm: Session Concludes
Tickets are FREE and available to be redeemed via Ticketek from 1pm Monday 8 April.
Upcoming Events at Bankwest Stadium
- Sunday 14 April: Bankwest Stadium Community Open Day. Free tickets here;
- Tuesday 16 April: Western Sydney Business Chamber Corporate Launch at Bankwest Stadium;
- Wednesday 17 April: Wednesday Night Lights. Free tickets available 1pm Monday;
- Easter Monday 22 April: NRL – Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers;
- Saturday 27 April: Super Rugby – NSW Waratahs v Sharks. Tickets here;
- Saturday 20 July: Football – Western Sydney Wanderers v Leeds United. Tickets here.
- *See the Bankwest Stadium Calendar here