Eels v Tigers Easter Monday Blockbuster to be First Sporting Event at Western Sydney Stadium
- 30,000-seat Western Sydney Stadium to open in April 2019;
- Fans closer to the action than ever before with the best sightlines of any rectangular stadium in the country;
- A food & entertainment village outside the Stadium for fans to enjoy;
- A free family and kids’ play area outside the Stadium;
- New technology within the Stadium that will deliver an amazing audio and visual experience to enhance the game-day atmosphere and accentuate home-ground advantage.
Julian Keith & Nathan Davis
It’s Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers on Easter Monday 22 April in a spectacular first NRL game at the magnificent Western Sydney Stadium.
The new 30,000-seat Stadium, featuring the steepest grandstands in Australia and offering a lively entertainment precinct, will host home games for three Sydney clubs in its debut season.
The Parramatta Eels, who have played out of the precinct since 1947, will host 9 home games at Western Sydney Stadium in 2019. With the Round 6 Easter Monday event poised to be a first-up sell-out for the new venue.
In quick succession, the Eels then host the St George Illawarra Dragons on Sunday 5 May (4.05pm kick-off) in Round 8, the Penrith Panthers on Thursday 23 May (7.50pm) in Round 11 and the Rabbitohs on Friday 31 May (7.55pm) in Round 12.
Wests Tigers will play four home games at the new Stadium on top of the Easter Monday game, in which they are the away team.
The Tigers play the Raiders on Friday 7 June (7.55pm) in Round 13, the Rabbitohs on Thursday 27 June in Round 15, the Roosters on Friday 5 July (7.35pm) in Round 16, before they host the Eels in a School Holidays special on Sunday 14 July (4pm).
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will play one home game at Western Sydney Stadium in season 2019 – against the Penrith Panthers on Saturday 3 August in Round 20.
The Bulldogs are keen to give their Members and supporters a taste of the new Western Sydney Stadium, which is likely to host more Bulldogs games while their traditional home ground ANZ Stadium is under redevelopment from 2020.